Policy & Procedure No. CS/R-4
To establish a uniform procedure for processing the return and/or exchange of equipment sold to private pay customers.
It is the policy of Deaconess Home Medical Equipment/Freedom Medical or its subsidiaries (hereafter HME) that certain pieces of equipment, as described in this document, can be returned, and/or exchanged according to the criteria set in this document, providing the item(s) has been physically returned within thirty (30) days of the original delivery date.
- All returns over $50.00 should be reported to management, and in accordance with Exhibit A.
- All returns require the proper paperwork to be processed and returned to the main office.
- Exchange of same item(s) of equal value should have both a return and new purchase order processed.
- Exchange for different items from original purchase, greater than $50.00, should be processed as a return and the new item processed as a new purchase.
- No returns or exchanges without an original HME receipt. A copy of the original receipt must be attached to the return/exchange receipt. Customer signature must be on both receipts.
- Restocking fees at 15% of the original charge will be processed upon the return of the equipment and the patient’s account adjusted based on the following criteria:
- If the item purchased was a non-stock/special order item.
- If the item being returned was originally delivered to the customer by DHME.
- Credit card sales will be credited to the original credit card used for the transaction.
- Equipment eligible for restocking must be returned within thirty (30) calendar days of original delivery.
- Copies of any documentation and the reason for returning the product must be placed with the day’s cash receipts and locked in a bank bag for transport to HME home office.
- Items sold with a value over $50.00 (or $100.00 for Freedom Medical East) will require a return of monies by a HME (Deaconess Hospital, Inc.) check. (Please allow 2-3 weeks for refund.)
- DHME staff must notify all customers of any purchase of any item not eligible for return, i.e. bath equipment, compression stockings, etc. DHME staff must stamp the customer’s receipt for such purchases “non-returnable”.
Equipment eligible for restocking
- Any equipment, except as noted below, that has been purchased from HME, in like-new condition and that can be rented as used equipment, is eligible for restocking.
- Items must be physically returned within thirty (30) calendar days of the original purchase.
Equipment NOT eligible for restocking
- Equipment sold as personal-use items, including but not limited to:
- Bath Benches
- Transfer Boards
- Bath Aids
- Shoe Horns
- Compression Stockings
- Items not physically returned within thirty (30) calendar days
Reviewed Date - March 20, 2020
RETURN & EXCHANGE POLICY
Returns of special ordered or DHME delivered items may be subject to a 15% restocking fee.
Due to sanitation regulations, no returns or exchanges will be made for certain personal care items, i.e. compression stockings, bath aids, etc. (Please see DHME associate for more details)
Items must have the original packaging to be eligible for return or exchange.
Original sales receipt is required for return or exchange.
All approved returns or exchanges must be made within 30 days of original purchase.
All credit card purchases will be credited to the card used to at original purchase.
Items purchased with a value over $50.00 (not purchased using a credit card) will require a return of monies by a HME check. (Please allow 2-3 weeks for refund.)
All other returns and exchanges are subject to management approval.